Outgoing DTMF / dialpad support

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Nov 15 07:53:38 EST 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-21 at 08:09 +0200, Patrice B wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Just my 2 cents: I've test the patch and it works fine for me with
> pidgin-sipe. Thanks for you time and work !
>

> The next step would be to have a more general dialpad that allows also
> to...dial phone mumber ?

I don't think we need to conflate dialling *within* a call, and dialling
digits to place a call. Yes, there are some technologies (analogue
phones, ISDN with early-b3) where that's possible. But we don't support
any of those.

So if you want to implement a dialpad within the 'Dial a phone number'
dialog, I think you can go ahead and do that separately. Feel free to
shift the UI code out into a separate location so that you can call a
simple "give me a dialpad widget" function and re-use that part.

But let's do it after this patch has landed.

While you're at it, it would also be nice to support URIs of the form
'tel:+441234567890' which I have seen for example in the emails I get
telling me of a missed call. And while we'd at *that*, handling the
'meet: URIs that inform of us of Lync meetings, which pidgin-sipe can
also handle, would also be nice...

But again, not part of *this* patch :)

--
dwmw2