[GSoC] GObjectification Summary

Ankit Vani a at nevitus.org
Tue Nov 19 02:47:10 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Tomasz Wasilczyk <twasilczyk at pidgin.im> wrote:
> I'm not sure, if its revelant, but you can always use preprocessor
> directives to write code both for currently required version and never ones.
> You can even write your implementation of newer functions and put it into
> glibcompat.h file.

That would definitely work. I'll have to add this to glibcompat.h:

 #if !GLIB_CHECK_VERSION(2, 26, 0)

 static inline void g_object_notify_by_pspec(GObject *object, GParamSpec *pspec)
 {
  g_object_notify(object, g_param_spec_get_name(pspec));
 }

 #endif /* < 2.26.0 */

However, I noticed this file is used sparingly at the moment. Is it okay to use
it in every file that provides GObjects, even if they don't use anything else
from the header?

Using g_object_notify_by_pspec() would avoid looking up a property name to
retrieve its spec instance.