[GSoC] GObjectification Summary

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Oct 7 03:41:31 EDT 2013

Hi Ankit! Thanks for all your work on this. I've been looking at it
when I can and from what I've seen things look really good. I have two
questions so far:

1. I have kind of a generic question about GObject properties. What's
the difference between purple_account_set_private_alias(account,
"blah") and g_object_set (G_OBJECT(account), "private-alias", "blah",
NULL)? Do we need both? Do we expect people to ever use the latter?
Should PROP_PRIVATE_ALIAS_S be defined in account.h instead of
account.c? Should purple_account_set_private_alias be static and not
mentioned in account.h? Is this just standard stuff that GObject does?
Is it for convenience? Is it required?

2. It looks like the writing-im-msg signal always passes a
PurpleIMConversation. Is that correct? If so, I think
doc/conversation-signals.dox should be updated to reflect this. I
suspect other signals in this file should likewise be updated.