[GSOC] Plugins Website - Progress as of 29th August 2013

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 16:21:15 EDT 2013

Just an update.

I've added an update notification dialog box to Pidgin (pushed to my
repo [1] a few days back) which notifies the user of any new updates and
lets them choose which plugins to update.

I have also added a preference to let the users choose if they wish to
install updates automatically or get notifications of new updates.
Although I'm not quite sure where to put it in the Pidgin preferences
dialog, for now I have addeded it to a new tab called 'Updates'.

PS: Forgot to mention in the previous emails that the plugins website
supports authentication with OpenID now. I simply need to add API keys
for Google, Facebook etc. for their OAuth2 authentication to work but
plain-old OpenID login works just fine. We can support lots of other
websites like LinkedIn, GitHub etc. Just let me know which ones to add :)

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal

[1] - http://hg.pidgin.im/soc/2013/bhaskar/plugins-window/