disable pidgin logging

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Apr 5 11:46:38 EDT 2014

Chris Shaw spake unto us the following wisdom:
> As much as I love pidgin logging, for security reasons, I need to
> disable logging and ensure my end users cannot re-enable it from the
> GUI. I have successfully compiled 2.10.9 for both Solaris and Linux
> (RH), but I can't find a configure option, or central prefs file to
> disable and lock logging. Googling around, I've found some info
> about conversation.h and/or log.h but I can't figure out the proper
> syntax/config.

This isn't possible.  You could build a modified Pidgin which did not
allow logging, but you'd have to perform the modifications yourself.
You can "disable" logging by making it impossible for pidgin to write
to the log directory, but users can easily override that.

Ethan