Pidgin XMPP discovery of TURN servers

Yclept Nemo orbisvicis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:34:50 EDT 2014

I took a quick look at farsight2's nice transmitter (the only alternative
in XMPP's case is raw udp which doesn't use TURN, only STUN/UPnP for
hole-punching) and from what I can see it simply accepts the TURN
information from the application. The function
fs_nice_stream_transmitter_set_relay_info(..) simply unpacks the relevant
TURN information from a GstStructure, most likely the one provided by
pidgin. I haven't examined much further; it doesn't look promising.

Sincerely,