Cross-compiling Pidgin 2.10.7: multiple definition of `___stack_chk_fail'

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 10:47:23 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Konrad Gräfe <kglists at teamblind.de> wrote:

> Hello there,
>

> Additionally I had to modify libpurple/protocols/mxit/markup.c as it
> uses uint8_t without including stdint.h (though I don't understand why
> others aren't affected). See the attached fix_mxit_missing_header.patch.

I think the right fix is to use the glib data types, which will be exposed
at that time.
I'm not sure why this isn' t a problem building with the native compiler.

Furthermore I adopted some patches to fix some recurring warnings in
> Pidgin 2.10.9 (fix_errno_warning_mingw.patch) and win32/gtk_2_0-2.14
> (fix_gtk_apple_cc_warning.patch). I hope I labeled the sources
> sufficiently as I did not made the Patches by myself.

Hmm... those errno constants ideally would not be defined - they're not
part of the normal windows headers.
Where are they being defined?

The latter isn't something that we maintain, so I don't think we should be
patching it.

Unfortunately I still have a problem: the officially distributed Pidgin
> is not able to load plugins I built against "my" Pidgin. It says it
> could not found some symbols but it didn't say which one and I had no
> time to investigate it any further. "My" Pidgin is running well on
> Windows and loads my plugin just fine. Does anyone have any thoughts on
> that?

It's hard to say without more details.
The Dependency Walker "depends" utility and/or cygwin's "ldd" command may
shed some light.

> Besides I would like to know what versions of the compiler and the
> w32api were used to build the official Pidgin as this is somewhat
> unclear in the wiki [1].

As per the mingw site linked to from the BuildingWinPidgin wiki page:
 * gcc 4.7.2
 * win32api 3.17.2

-D