Problem with AIM

Duncan Berriman duncan at berrimans.co.uk
Sat Jan 25 05:18:39 EST 2014

Hi Mark,

Thanks it was the issue you mentioned below, I need to search better next time and in the right place. The issue was quickly resolved with the help Robert Vehse who pointed me to the known issue and resolution.

I can trap the error already and can code the check. What I can't work out how to do is call the callback so that the action completes without further intervention. If anyone could suggest how I do that or point me at some examples that would be very helpful everything I  have tried has been unsuccessful.

My code below :-

static void *pidgin_request_action(const char *title, const char *primary,
                                                const char *secondary, int default_action,
                                            PurpleAccount *account, const char *who, PurpleConversation *conv,
                                                void *user_data, size_t action_count, va_list actions)
{
        sprintf(message,"Request action title: %s primary: %s secondary: %s", title, primary, secondary);
        reportlog(message);
}

As a bodge/workaround for future certificate problems for anyone writing a simily robot you can simply edit certificate.c and redefine PURPLE_CERTIFICATE_NON_FATALS_MASK as below.

//	PURPLE_CERTIFICATE_NON_FATALS_MASK = 0x0000FFFF,
	PURPLE_CERTIFICATE_NON_FATALS_MASK = 0xFFFF0000,

This causes the code to continue after non fatal certificate errors without prompting the user.

Duncan