Releasing Pidgin 2.10.11 Soon

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Nov 22 09:27:52 EST 2014

Daniel Atallah spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Niklas Andersson <niklas.andersson at openforce.se> wrote:
> >  Is this patch now incorporated?
> >
> >  Implementation of the new API is finished, and I've pushed my commits to
> > https://github.com/tieto/pidgin/commits/appdata
> > I've filed a ticket here with all the information :
> > https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/16315#ticket
> > I hope this gets merged soon. If you have any questions, let me know.
>
> That is against the 3.x codebase, it isn't something that could go
> into 2.x.

We discussed this some time ago, and their understanding (I haven't
reviewed it myself) is that the changes are allowable for a minor
point release.  I think we should consider merging them sooner rather
than later if that is the case, but I don't think we should hold
2.10.11 for it.

Ethan