Proposal : RTP and Raw Data streams

Niklas Andersson niklas.andersson at openforce.se
Sun Sep 7 12:05:45 EDT 2014

Hi,

  We have a patch waiting for review. I have asked about it earlier, but
got no response.

  What is the smoothest way to get this patch reviewed and implemented?
It is vital that this is done _before_ Pidgin 3 is released as we are
touching a fair bit of the underlying libraries.

  As we prefer to do this in the open, together with you upstream
developers, I think it is fair to get at least a response, even if it
just says "have no time".

  Right now we have branched quite some libraries, and we have assured
to get the code into gstreamer, libnice, and Farstream, but waiting for
acceptance of pidgin/libpurple.

  I understand that a lot of you are doing this not-for-profit and your
time is limited, so I therefore kindly ask for pointers:

1. Can I pay someone for reviewing the patch, and subsequently implement it.
2. Can I assign a developer to the Pidgin-project, who gets commit
access that can review the patch and incorporate it? I am working with
Pidgin SIPE devs, upstream, but I have also access to senior developers,
contributing to LibreOffcice that fit the bill.
3. ?

  Another reason I would like to have this fixed ASAP, is because after
Pidgin SIPE (Lync) is incorporated we plan to move on to getting this
into XMPP as well, but without cooperation with upstream it will be hard.

Kind regards,
Niklas