NetworkManager dependency

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sun Dec 27 17:36:51 EST 2015

Gary Kramlich spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Wait, are we actually talking about disabling by default instead of
> updating to the newer version that'll make things better?

I think they're two separate issues, actually.  But a newer version of
NM won't really *fix* its crapitudity, it's rather endemic.  It will
just take care of some specific complaints we have (the nature of
which I don't recall at the moment).

I am ambivalent on enable or disable by default; I simply said that it
may be reasonable to disable by default.  Mike simply uses systems
that don't work properly with a wide range of software (including NM),
so he doesn't like it. ;-)

Ethan