Proposal to release 2.10.12

Koosha Khajehmoogahi koosha.khajeh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:50:03 EST 2015

While working on my GSoC project, I found and patched [1] a bug in
signals-test plugin which caused Pidgin to completely crash if you
tried to use the plugin. That was due to a wrong signature of
writing_im_msg_cb(). You may consider that for the next release.

[1]: https://hg.pidgin.im/soc/2015/koosha/main/rev/d848d5003e4b

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 3:33 AM, Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com> wrote:
> I say go for it
>
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Jorge VillaseƱor <salinasv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> I would like to do a 2.10.12 release by the end of the year or starting
>> the next year.
>>
>> We were blocked last weeks by a memory leak on a sound event. using
>> gstreamer 1.0. Now it is confirmed to be a leak on gstreamer and it is fixed
>> on gstreamer 1.6.2 which is already released.
>>
>> It looks like we have to backport a fix from default as mentioned on
>> #16724. Does anybody know of other blocker for a 2.x.y relase?
>>
>> --
>> Masca
>>
>> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>> A: Top-posting.
>> Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

> --
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>