Bumping GLib Requirement for Pidgin3

Jorge VillaseƱor salinasv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:29:35 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:49 PM, James Geboski <jgeboski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Currently, pidgin3 requires glib-2.20 as well as json-glib-0.14.  With
> the requirement of json-glib-0.14, which itself depends on glib-2.26,
> the glib requirement is indirectly implied as glib-2.26 for pidgin3.
> Should the version be bumped for pidgin3 in order to remove code in
> glibcompat.h, which will never be used?
>
> James

Looking at https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Dependencies I would say that
for 3.0 we bump the glib version to 2.40 (included in RHEL 7) and leave old
versions of distributions to live with 2.x.y or backport if they want to.

The same goes for the rest of the dependencies.

Bring us to the future!

--
Masca