Lync-collab merge status

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Mar 13 10:44:21 EDT 2015

I have been working through the outstanding patches from the Tieto Lync
work, as discussed in ticket 16315.

Much of it is now merged into both trunk and release-2.x.y branches.
There are four patches outstanding, three of which I'm going to send in
this thread for further review.

The first two are fairly simple and fairly much no-brainers. Then comes
the patch to add a "private" media type which isn't visible to the UI.
That also looks good to me, and I'm inclined to commit it shortly unless
anyone screams.

After this, there is precisely one patch remaining, to add an
'application' media type which the SIPE plugin uses for file transfer
and screen sharing transport. I'm not entirely sure that patch is ready
yet; the entire application seems to lock up while I'm uploading
heavily, as it seems to be doing that (and blocking on a TCP send) from
the main thread. Instead of redrawing itself. Which is somewhat
suboptimal.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation