Splitting the repos...

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Thu Apr 7 17:59:06 EDT 2016

On 2016-04-07, 18:56 GMT, Patrick Cloke wrote:
> Just found the link I wanted that talked about monolithic repositories
> from the guru at Mozilla on this:
> http://gregoryszorc.com/blog/2014/09/09/on-monolithic-repositories/
>
> His overall summary: "So, monolithic repositories are all about moving
> fast and getting things done more efficiently. In other words,
> *monolithic repositories increase developer productivity."*

On more serious note: every defender of the monolithic
repositories mentions Google and Facebook. It may be worthy to
emphasize that neither of these companies produce any software
which would be publicly used (I guess that Android IS in the
separate distro). A particularly Google is known not being able
(or not caring) to produce anything which would keep stable API
on the outside and using standard libraries (see Chromium) and
I don't believe that this style of development is something to
be admired.

Best,

Matěj

https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of
them are stupider than that.
  -- George Carlin