want to start contributing to pidgin

Jorge VillaseƱor salinasv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 17:22:34 EST 2016

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Pranav Ganorkar <pranavg189 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am Pranav Ganorkar. I want to start contributing to Pidgin. Can someone
> point me to easy to fix bugs so that I get an idea of pidgin codebase and
> start contributing to it. Also, I want to ask what is the criteria for
> getting selected in GSoc through pidgin...

Hi Parnav, we currently don't have a list of "easy to fix" bugs. You can
take a look at the tickets we have on https://developer.pidgin.im and
choose one that you find interesting. There is people on #pidgin that can
help you understand the code and give you some guidance when needed.

Regarding the GSoC, the selection is based mostly on the proposed project.
If you want to increase your chances of being accepted as a student in the
program (if pidgin participates), your best bet is to have a well defined
project with enough research on how you plan to achieve your objective.

--
Masca