CI/CD

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Tue May 24 20:06:11 EDT 2016

As most of you know I've been busy working on a CI/CD solution for Pidgin
and related projects.  What you may not know is that it's currently using
Bamboo Cloud from Atlassian.  Which brings me to the reason for this email.

Today Atlassian announced Bitbucket Pipelines which will replace Bamboo
Cloud.  Bamboo Cloud will be sunset on Jan 31, 2017, so we have plenty of
time to get something else set up.

Bitbucket Pipelines might be an option, but right now there is no mercurial
support, however that's supposed to be coming soon.  I've been in the
private beta for awhile, but I have zero repositories that are git, so I
haven't done much with it.

On a side note I'm still chugging along on the CI/CD as well as
documentation.  I have GPlugin nearly done and will be moving to adding
more Pidgin builds soon.  It's generic enough so it doesn't really matter
what CI/CD tool we use.  That said, I opted for Bamboo Cloud because we
didn't have to maintain the server.

If anyone has any questions, concerns, etc, feel free.

Thanks,

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>