Audio src blocked before session set up

Joakim Tjernlund Joakim.Tjernlund at infinera.com
Thu Apr 19 03:04:53 EDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-04-18 at 22:18 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
>

> I've suddenly started experiencing a problem where my outbound audio in
> Pidgin is missing — Farstream never seems to send any audio, and I
> don't even get the farstream-send-codec-changed signal.
>
> It's sporadic, and relatively hard to reproduce. And of course the more
> I turn up the GST_DEBUG debugging, the harder it gets.
>
> It looks like the problem occurs when pulsesrc gets blocked:

I have somewhat similar issue in sipe, but input instead. If I change to ALSA and
do a test call, then the microphone locks up just as the call connects.
If I recall correctly, USB headsets are needed as well.
Using Pulse it usually works.

This is a very old problem, I believe it has been there for years.
I am using farstream git too.

 Jocke