Pidgin 2.13.0 has been released!!

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Mar 9 11:58:45 EST 2018

On Fri, 2018-03-09 at 16:22 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-03-09 at 10:09 -0600, Gary Kramlich wrote:
> > CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
>> > On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Joakim Tjernlund  wrote:
> > > This old bug is still present:
> > >   https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/15330
> > > It even has a working patch attached.
> > >
>> > Both that issue and the one it was marked as a duplicate of have
> been closed and marked as fix.  If that is not the case, please
> comment on https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/14426 which is where
> the fix was mentioned as that would be the proper place to report it
> :)
> >

> Probably only fixed in 3.0, it is still there in 2.x

I had been seeing this all the time in my testing a few weeks ago, and
wondered if it was something I was doing wrong in my own audio setup.
But now I cannot reproduce it.

The patch from #14426 applies cleanly but in my setup, it makes us use
a lot less of the 'progress' bar during normal speech through my
headset. I was testing with a conference call with myself (both in
Pidgin).

The levels for input and output both sit at what Pidgin calls "10%",
which is no amplification. But even if I wind that right up, I wasn't
seeing the message.

I wonder if instead of just *not* multiplying by five, instead we
should apply a logarithmic scale? Otherwise when I speak I'm only
changing a few pixels at the far left-hand-side...