"Optimised for Lync" headsets

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Mar 22 09:41:11 EDT 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-22 at 13:20 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-03-22 at 08:23 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > Note that there's nothing actually Jabra-specific about the HID
> > elements it uses, although the precise behaviour is probably fairly
> > vendor-specific. The device *does* have a bunch of vendor-specific
> > fields but the documentation promised on the Jabra web site is 404.
>
> Good to know, thanks.

We ought to be able to make this work with Bluetooth HSP headsets too,
I think. A quick test suggests that the mute is exposed and we ought to
be able to see it through PA/GStreamer; offhook and ringing would be a
little bit harder.

But it was mute that was the real killer feature for me — hunting for
the bloody Pidgin call window when I'm on a call and quickly need to
unmute myself.

> "multiply by five and clip manually just to shut the warning up" will work
> best for all so lets got with that one.

OK.

> > Was there another one?
>
> Yes, these two:
> https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/main/pull-requests/320
> https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/main/pull-requests/321

Oh, right; I misread your request. You weren't asking me to round up
your patches and put them *into* pull requests; you were asking to get
the patches *out* of my pull requests.

Sure, I'll send those out in a little while.