State of GTK+3

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Wed Sep 5 15:13:09 EDT 2018

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 4:11 AM, Johannes Wegener <
catchall-pidgin at blubbbla.de> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> could somebody please tell me what the state for the GTK+3 transistion
> is? It seems the trac entries are quite outdated (seems like since 2015
> nobody added anything there).

The default branch, which is pidgin3 is gtk3 only.  So technically it works
right now, but there's a *lot* of deprecated stuff that we're slowing
cleaning up.  That said we're also transitioning away from webkit1gtk to
our own custom widgets similar to what's in pidgin2, but that's eaten a
huge chunk of time.

Is there anything specific you're looking for?

> Kind regards,
> Johannes Wegener

Thanks,

--