pidgin 3 and webkit ?

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Thu Jan 17 12:18:31 EST 2019

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 6:31 PM Joakim Tjernlund <
Joakim.Tjernlund at infinera.com> wrote:

> Wonder if or how far off loosing webkit in pidgin 3 is?
> I would like to take P3 for a spin but the old webkit dep gets in my way.

Yeah.. Sorry it's taken way longer than anticipated.  We're implementing a
widget similar to that which was in Pidgin 2 but cleaned up and so on.
That is named talkatu and can be found at
https://bitbucket.org/pidgin/talkatu.  We still need to finish the chat
history widget, but we have like 7 more webkit webviews to remove from
Pidgin 3 before that becomes a necessity.

> Jocke
>
> PS.
>     Pidgin 2 really needs a release. Please consider time based releases
> so people
>     get to enjoy the new stuff as they happen.

I know, but there's not a ton there at the moment and the release process
is rather tedious at the moment.  That said, I've been waiting to hear back
if we can integrate Pango from msys2 for the Windows build as the version
we're currently using has issues and no one has reported back on that yet.

Thanks,

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>