Trac Migration

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Tue Sep 1 02:03:44 EDT 2020

Greetings Programs!

As many of you know we've been in the process of trying to migrate away
from our trac instance at https://developer.pidgin.im for quite awhile
now.  Well I'm happy to announce that I think we're about ready to do
just that!!

But, I need to ask you all to take a minute and poke around a test
instance [1] to see if there's anything that's missing/badly formatted
etc.  That said, we are **NOT** trying to get perfect formatting.  I've
spent a lot of time getting us to where we are now and I'm confident
that the content is usable in its current form even if it _might_ not be
convenient.

That said, please reply to this email with any issues you have found.
Also note that you will not be able to log into the test instance.  This
is a test instance and is not connected to https://hub.imfreedom.org/.

Also we are **NOT** importing all of the users from trac.  It's
impossible for us to know who's email addresses are still valid so the
imported data uses the username of "Ghost" for everyone that isn't
currently an active Pidgin developer.

If there are no show stoppers I will plan to import our issues from
https://developer.pidgin.im to our new YouTrack instance at
https://issues.imfreedom.org on Tuesday September 8th at 0100 UTC.  At
that time developer.pidgin.im will be put into a read only state
(including the wiki) for the rest of it's days and we will retain an
offline copy of it as well.

[1] http://726003284084.ngrok.io

Thanks

--