Trac Migration

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Wed Sep 2 18:26:38 EDT 2020

On 9/1/20 8:08 PM, Luke Schierer wrote:
> So I'd forgotten that you moved trac  from imperial to nicobar until
> this email at which point I was like oh, yeah, I remember that.
> ahwhell.

I think it was John and Daniel who moved it, but whatever :)

> Anyway, Mark, You, Ethan and I did probably 90% of the setup on rock.  While
> I have no doubt you have changed a fair amount of the _content_ since
> I've been inactive, I strongly doubt you've changed much of rock's
> actual mechanics all that much.  If you need help deconstructing rock,
> I don't have a ton of time around my current distractions (4 boys, the
> youngest of which is 6 months), but I will make some time to help. Let
> me know what you need, and when it needs to be done by.

The only stuff really remaining on rock right now is the email stuff.
I'm nearly done moving the imfreedom media wiki to kubernetes.  It's
already there in fact, I'm just trying to wire up OIDC to
hub.imfreedom.org and it's giving me some issues.

Aside from that, I created a bunch of tickets in the infrastructure
project on issues.imfreedom.org. It's currently not public as it might
expose some sensitive information but I can add you to it if you like.

That said, Richard and I were working on a plan to move email to a
Digital Ocean droplet before this news dropped.  We haven't started
anything yet, but the plan is for that droplet to be fully managed by
ansible so we can avoid some of these headaches in the future.
https://issues.imfreedom.org/issue/INFRASTRUCTURE-16 describes the plan
in detail if you're interested.

> Luke

Thanks,