Mailing Lists

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Mon Nov 29 02:21:11 EST 2021

Greetings Programs!

Sorry for the downtime in the email. It is currently back up and running
but we will be transitioning it in the near future. We've been in the
process of migrating to a new server for a very long time now and I was
using an expired TLS certificate that was stuck behind a no longer
supported version of lets encrypt as the motivation to finally get it done.

We'll turns out building a new email stack in Ansible take a stupidly
large amount of time. I didn't anticipate it taking this long but was
trying to trudge through it anyways.

That brings us to tonight, nearly a week after the TLS certificate
expired. I currently have Dovecot and RSpamd up and running on the new
machine, but still need to get Postfix and GNU Mailman running which is
going to take a decent amount of time. So I started looking at other
options.

I tried to install a newer version of python3-certbot onto our very old
virtual machine and that was a no go. So I went back to work on the
Postfix Ansible role when I noticed that I had actually stopped using
Certbot some time ago because the v1 API was being shutdown and I
couldn't upgrade certbot on the machine. So I quickly ran the script I
wrote back then for lego and here we are with the email back and working.

So I do still plan on finishing the new email stack this week which will
mean more downtime, but I should be able to prove most of that out
before we update the DNS records and everything!

Thanks and sorry for all the downtime!

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>