Fwd: FYI: Remote DOS in Pidgin 2.2.0 over MSN

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Fri Sep 28 07:17:01 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 01:10 -0400, Sean Egan wrote:
> On 9/27/07, Luke Schierer <lschiere at pidgin.im> wrote:
> > > I think you mean 2.2.1, and the MSN code is nowhere near release-worthy.
> > > I suggest, if we're going to release for this, we create a branch from
> > > 2.2.0 for 2.2.1 and include this fix and other known good fixes (such as
> > > the multiple memory leaks) in that (we can probably do this without
> > > adding new strings).
>
> This sounds like the right thing to do. I'm out of town for a wedding
> and can't be much help for a while. Stu and Luke, do you think you
> could get all the known good fixes to 2.2.1 branch and release it
> ASAP?

I'll just magic some free time from somewhere...

Here's my current suggested list of revisions to include (2.2.0 set new
records in leakiness!):

http://nosnilmot.com/pidgin/2.2.1/

(this URL is not linked to or discoverable from anywhere, so this is not
disclosure)

Note: I can't actually get the selected myspace revisions to apply
cleanly to 2.2.0 at the moment.

Does anyone have any other important fixes they can remember?

Regards,

Stu.