Release of 2.4.3?

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Thu Jun 26 10:51:35 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 04:17 -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 01:30 -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 01:08 -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:
> > > Releasing 2.4.3 soon sounds like a good idea to me.  I didn't look at all the
> > > commits that got merged into it... were there any string changes?  If not,
> > > would Thursday be ok for people?  Stu?  Richard?
> >
> > That should be fine. I'll commit that MSN SLP patch tomorrow.
>
> Done. Are we ready to release? I just worked overnight, so I'll be away
> from my computer, but I'm not the release-cutter-guy anyway. ;)

Can someone provide more details of what this is fixing? I emailed
Richard directly earlier asking for details but maybe I'm in his
blacklist :)

My reading is that if offset is negative we can end up writing to some
address before the beginning of a buffer, but I don't know how offset
could be negative (it's a gsize, which I think is always unsigned).

Maybe the simple fix is to check msg->msnslp_header.offset directly (a
long long), but I'm curious how that could be negative.

Regards,

Stu.