Fwd: Fixes for gaim/pidgin vulnerabilities?

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 25 06:50:10 EST 2008

I haven't seen anything in my inbox about this.  Is someone working on
it?

Luke

----- Forwarded message from Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com> -----

Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:10:14 -0500
From: Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com>
To: debian-security at lists.debian.org
Subject: Fixes for gaim/pidgin vulnerabilities?

Ubuntu [1] has recently released fixes for CVE-2008-2955,
CVE-2008-2957, and CVE-2008-3532 in gaim/pidgin.  Can we expect to see
these fixes released for Etch soon?

Also note that Ubuntu seems to have missed CVE-2008-2956 [2], which
also applies to gaim/pidgin.  The problem has not yet been fixed in
any of the Debian archives, which may explain why they did not include
a patch for this one.

Thanks for working to keep Debian secure.

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/USN-675-1
[2] http://security-tracker.debian.net/tracker/CVE-2008-2956

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-security-REQUEST at lists.debian.org