[Fwd: Re: [Advisories] Libpurple security vulnerability CORE-2009-0727]

Paul Aurich paul at darkrain42.org
Sat Aug 1 15:25:42 EDT 2009

I've attached a debug log of this crashing (with no relevant changes in MSN
from 8351342d3a30c75649de9c3d4abc7b6f45ce8f82, which is im.pidgin.pidgin
head at mtn.pidgin.im).

I'm not familiar with MSN, but is it pertinent that they're using the base
ID from the "reply of the first message":

        # Get the base id from the reply of the first message,..
        base_id = sb_msnms_object['p2p_binheader'][4:8]

It looks abnormal, and the slpmsg that's found during the processing of the
second message is the *ACK* to the first message (instead of the first
slpmsg created, which actually does have a buffer) -- it's not visible in
this debug log, but I verified in a second run.

Anyway, log attached
~Paul

And Luke Schierer spoke on 07/31/2009 12:22 PM, saying: