[Fwd: Re: [Advisories] Libpurple security vulnerability CORE-2009-0727]

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Fri Aug 14 20:32:57 EDT 2009

Warren Togami wrote:
> If 2.5.9 is truly 2.5.8 + that one patch, then could you bless an
> official 2.5.9 tarball now so we can kick off this process internally
> and be ready for embargo lift day?

http://www.pidgin.im/~rekkanoryo/pidgin-2.5.9.tar.bz2
http://www.pidgin.im/~rekkanoryo/pidgin-2.5.9.tar.bz2.asc (signature)

I have tagged 2.5.9 locally and will push these revisions when instructed to do
so by other developers.  I have not yet committed this patch to
im.pidgin.pidgin.  Instead, I branched from the 2.5.8 tag and created a new
branch, im.pidgin.pidgin.2.5.9.  I applied the patch to both the MSNP15 and
MSNP9 plugins.  The patch applies to MSNP9 with offset in both hunks and a fuzz
of 1 in the first hunk.  I suspect the same will apply to older versions.

John