[Fwd: Re: [Advisories] Libpurple security vulnerability CORE-2009-0727]

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Fri Aug 14 21:24:23 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 02:19, John Bailey<rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:
> If someone wants to confirm this compiles and functions against 1.5.1, I can
> talk to Luke about what I should include in a 1.5.2 tag (I will obviously not be
> able to generate tarballs).

I don't think there is any point in doing anything even resembling an
official 1.5.2 release including this fix unless we are going to
include backported fixes for all other vulnerabilities since 1.5.1 was
released (which I expect we are not going to attempt). If we do
include just this fix, it's only going to confuse people.

Regards,

Stu.