Proposed changes for Pidgin 2.7.0

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Jul 15 11:17:02 EDT 2009

Luke Schierer wrote:
> You'd asked for votes from "recent" and/or "active" developers and CPW,
> so I'd not responded.  But I think my name's still in the box.

Yes, it is.  I assumed everyone would realize (without my explicitly stating it)
that I was looking for everyone not listed as "retired."  Sorry for the confusion.

> In the old gtk1 tree, we required 1.2.x where x did have a specific
> minimum, I just do not remember it.  I think it entirely reasonable to
> discontinue support for very ancient versions of glib, but I think,
> minimally, we ought to compile on an out of the box debian stable and
> out of the box most recent rhel.  I don't know off the top of my head
> what versions these would be.

According to a fresh checkout of the old gtk1stable branch, we required glib
1.2.5 and GTK+ 1.2.5 at the end.

And just for clarity here, in case it was misunderstood, I'm proposing changing
the minimums for *both* glib *and* GTK+.

John