Pidgin 2.5.8 released
rekkanoryo at pidgin.im
Sun Jun 28 18:33:51 EDT 2009
We have pushed source and Windows binaries for Pidgin 2.5.8. They should be
Here is the ChangeLog as requested previously:
* Fix misparsing a web message as an SMS message. (Yuriy Kaminskiy)
* Increase NS command history size to prevent crashes on buddy lists that
have a lot of buddies on other networks like Yahoo!.
* Accounts with empty buddy lists are now properly marked as connected.
* Fix receiving messages from users of MySpace IM's web client.
* Fixed phantom online buddies. They should now properly disappear when
* Fixed the crashes some users were seeing with cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com in
* Fixed compiling on systems with glib 2.4.x or older.
* Fixed an issue with file transfers. This may not resolve all issues,
but it should resolve at least some of the most common ones.
* The pager server will automatically update to scsa.msg.yahoo.com if the
user empties the field or if it is scs.msg.yahoo.com. This should ease
the pain of transition to the new login method.
* Fix an incompatibility betweeen Prosody and libpurple clients.
And here is the corresponding entry from the NEWS file:
John: This release is another somewhat rushed bugfix release to fix
a number of bugs that have come up since we released Pidgin 2.5.7.
Hopefully anything I broke there is fixed now, or at least made to be
less broken. Enjoy!
Enjoy this release.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 835 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Packagers