security fixes for 2.5.6

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at pidgin.im
Sun May 10 20:44:03 EDT 2009

Just a heads up that we will be releasing 2.5.6 in a few days and it
will contain the following security fixes (in addition to other bug
fixes):

8331e31a fixes a buffer overflow when initiating file transfer with a client
         and it sends back malformed response

ad057b75 buffer overflow when decrypting qq packets

2c9a1153 buffer overflow when encrypting qq packets

7829ec76 fixes a memory corruption that can sometimes happen if an internal
         buffer is full when more bytes are available from the network

I was told that Josh Bressers from Redhat has been nice enough to
obtain CVE numbers for us in the past. Josh, could you do the same
again?  Thanks!

Additionally, the previous fix to CVE-2008-2927 was incomplete, so we fixed
it again:

9dd1c4c3 Fixes a buffer overflow in the ZDI-08-054 report

I've attached all the fixes above as well.

-khc