Fwd: Openfire should not pass through non-well-formed XML

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Aug 17 14:31:16 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guus der Kinderen <guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:49 AM
Subject: Re: Openfire should not pass through non-well-formed XML
To: Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net>
Cc: security <security at igniterealtime.org>

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reporting this problem in such a detailed way. I'm
currently very occupied with my daytime job - I'll look into this the
first opportunity that I have though. In the mean time: from the top
of my head, I remember that we've fixed a similar bug in the past.
What version of the Openfire server are you using to reproduce this
bug? Can you reproduce this bug on the igniterealtime.org domain
(which runs the latest trunk version of Openfire)?

Regards,

 Guus