One critical security flaw...

Sarah Pillsbury shodan_is_grood at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 18:33:17 EST 2010

Saved passwords are stored in plain, human-readable format. Why should this even be considered as a viable method of storing login information when we live in an age that malware often searches for such things on their infected hosts, using this info to open avenues with which to spread itself!? I'm no programmer and I know that the most major of issues with open-source software is the same as its benefit (anyone can look through its code to deconstruct how it works, ) which may negate most of the usefulness of encrypting such information, but surely some bit of encryption could at least partially stave off the prying eyes of real, living snoopers who know where to look for that vital information they need to screw their Pidgin-using target over with.