[oss-security] CVE request - pidgin MSN arbitrary file upload

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jan 14 17:14:52 EST 2010

Just want to be clear I'm not missing anything... the specific bits of
that pdf that Nico Golde is concerned about are:
"3. Try to implement a standalone exploit for the
   file download vuln without copy/pasting from
   wireshark.
4. Whoever does NOT trip over a memory
   corruption bug in SLP-code wins."

Right?

Also curious: Has anyone contacted the author of that pdf to request
that any future security problems be disclosed to us privately before
being released publicly?

--Mark