[Pidgin] #14830: dbus information leakage

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Wed Dec 21 03:51:01 EST 2011

On 12/21/2011 12:56 AM, Mark Doliner wrote:
> My thoughts on this are that it doesn't need to be treated as a
> security problem because it requires local user access.

Also, we never claim to protect the contents of message windows in this
way.  This data can also be read via any plugin, any log files created,
or the actual memory allocation of the application if you have local access.

This is a bit like the plain text passwords argument, I think.  If your
level of paranoia is this high, you should disable logging, compile
without DBUS and other plugins, and protect the memory space of the
application somehow.