Facebook Plugin flagged for a virus

Nico Donato (nidonato) nidonato at cisco.com
Wed Feb 23 09:49:09 EST 2011

My apologies I didn't read (yes I know) thoroughly the requirements

Platform: Win 7 64 bit

Pidgin 2.7.10

Libpurp 2.7.10

I was adding the facebook plugin from googlecode. (its the very first
plugin listed in the plugin download) I was not sure if I should contact
the author or you until I saw how to report security vulnerability post.

I simply clicked on and downloaded the exe plugin

I sent an attached screen shot if you did not get it please let me know

OO you probably would want to know the A/v info too

McAfee version 8.7.0i

Scan engine 5400.1158

DAT 6265.0000 created feb 22 2011

Thank you.