Facebook Plugin flagged for a virus

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jun 16 04:43:39 EDT 2011

Hi Nico.  Sorry for not responding earlier--your message got put into a
holding queue because it was over the max file size for emails to this
mailing list, and we didn't notice it until just now.

I strongly suspect that this problem is a false positive (as in it's not
really a virus).  This tends to happen from time to time because:
1. The checks done by anti-virus software are typically dumb
2. Pidgin and Pidgin plugins tend to use the same installer program used by
some viruses (because the installer program is free)

In any case, we're not responsible for the Facebook plugin.  You would need
to contact the author about this.

--Mark