About libpurple's g_markup_escape_text() bug

Diego Bauche Madero diegobauche at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 16:37:15 EDT 2011

Actually, can you please use my name with my email being
diego.madero at ioactive.com?, I think my job has me on a "All your
research belongs to us" diet... :P

About what happened... I guess the first thing I did was... I went
into the Developer website and looked how to submit a bug report. Went
inside to look for a security address. Couldn't find it. I somehow
managed to find a webpage listing the past security problems and
wasn't there either.

In reality though, it's not that hard to find it (On a second try,
Just searching for "Security" did the trick), So it was actually just
my fault in any case (Searching for "Security" does the trick, getting
at the "SecurityVulnerabilityProcess" page). But I think it would be
helpful to include it inside the "Tips for Bug Reports" site in any
case so dumb users like me won't get lost.

Cheers!
--Diego