Overflow bug

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Thu Nov 8 20:37:59 EST 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Anderz Olsson <anderz.olsson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for answering, Daniel.

Please reply to the list and not just to me.

> A key was pressed for hours, and your code deleted the chat history. I
> hopa I was clear enough now?

No, not really, how do you expect that to help?

You didn't answer my question about it causing his response to be scrolled
past the backlog (this would be the case if your input made it to the
conversation backlog and not just the entry field).

IMO dealing with a key being pressed for hours is really outside of
reasonable target behavior - even if it crashed (which it doesn't sound
like it did) I don't think that would be something we'd worry about.

FWIW, I pasted ~10MB of text into conversation entry field (which caused it
to freeze for several seconds), I was able then to select all the text
(which again froze the UI for several seconds) and then delete it without
any negative side effects.