[pidgin-security] possible segfault in perl wrapper

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Apr 14 16:35:14 EDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 5:27 AM, Tomasz Wasilczyk
<tomkiewicz at cpw.pidgin.im> wrote:
> Anyway, I see no real possibility to exploit this. I propose simply
> patching it without "security" tag

This sounds good to me.

> by replacing sv_setpv with sv_setpvn

I'm not super familiar with the perl/C API, but where would you do
that?  The Network.c file is autogenerated.  Maybe you would need to
add a PPCODE block to Network.xs?  Maybe just copy the autogenerated
definition from Network.c to Network.xs and make this change?

> and removing it entirely from 3.0.0.

I don't have a strong opinion either way, but if we remove it entirely
it is possible that someone will add it back in the future and make
this same mistake.