Additional Security issues

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 17:51:07 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
> Thanks for sending these out!  I'll try to take a look soon.
>
> These aren't public knowledge yet, right?  I think I'd still prefer to
> do a release within the next week or so with the two MXit fixes and
> with updated CA certs, and then do another release later and include
> fixes for:
> - these issues
> - yahoo failure to validate utf8
> - possibly fix the pango MS Windows crash with some characters

Correct, they're not public.

I guess it seems preferable to me to have a release that addresses all
known CVEs instead of releasing early to address only a subset and
having yet another follow security release (I'm assuming that at this
point none of these are public).

Is the urgency related to the CA cert?

-D