Remote crash

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:43:32 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Eion Robb <eion at robbmob.com> wrote:
> Since we ship our own libpango, are we better off taking a crack at fixing
> the bug, rather than working around it?
> I mean, if we were to go to the effort of sanitising everywhere that we
> receive user input (buddy name, alias, chat messages, im messages, topic,
> Get Info, notify windows, text input areas)....

Yeah, this certainly would be the best solution.  That would be the
real "central location" to fix the bug.

It's not too horrible to build Pango, but the code in question seemed
pretty arcane when I took a brief look at it.

I'd be happy to try to help you set up a build environment and we may
be able to get some tips from Behdad; his latest comment on the
bugzilla ticket indicated he may be able to point at a solution.

-D