Confusion liable to undermine end-user adoption of security fixes

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Aug 19 17:06:13 EDT 2014

Looks like our Ubuntu PPA DOES contain Pidgin 2.10.9
(https://launchpad.net/~pidgin-developers/+archive/ubuntu/ppa). I
think the only problem here is that we didn't update the version
number displayed on the pidgin.im website.

There's a related issue where we're slow to build new releases for the
PPA. Sometime in the future I'd like to talk about whether we should
shut down the PPA completely, but I think that's a separate
conversation.

Mike: Thanks for reporting this to us! Please let us know if we've
misinterpreted your email or if you still think there's a problem.

Thanks,
Mark