Untrusted PPA without KEY-AUTH

geronimo geronimo at cryptolab.net
Sun Jan 12 17:05:09 EST 2014

Hello!

I want to report you, that i have updated my pidgin 1.2.10.3
(Ubuntu-Sources) to your new version 1.2.10.7, doin it in Terminal and
later with synaptic too!

i am using Linux Mint 13 (based on Ubuntu 12.04 precise)

i added your ppa right to my sources before:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/pidgin-developers/ppa/ubuntu precise main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/pidgin-developers/ppa/ubuntu precise main

but everytime i get gpg-Authentication-Key-Errors!
there is no public key to import (for me)!?!

I just want to report you this and want to know if its really save for me
if i update pidgin with this really unsave way or if i have to wait for regular
ubuntu-update!?!

i am using pidgin for encrypted otr-chats and as a activist of the peaceful occupy-movement
i need a really high level of trust and secrity!

So please answer me, if i should update pidgin or what i can do to get a regular public-gpg-key
for update your ppa!

i hope your project is not infiltrated by the nsa!
the dont like otr ;-)