SSL certificate check in pidgin 2.10.10

Janis Eilbracht eil.jan at gmx.de
Tue Nov 18 10:15:35 EST 2014

Hey,

I recognized that since the update to version 2.10.10 the validation of
the SSL certificate of one of my xmpp accounts doesn't fail anymore. But
I know, that it should fail, as the certificate is somehow not valid at
the moment (the server administrator told me about this. As I'm not very
familiar with SSL I cannot tell, in which way it is not valid, but it's
not the date). So in pidgin 2.10.9, which I still use on a another
computer the validation of the certificate fails, but in pidgin 2.10.10
it doesn't.

I attached the output of the debugging log, while logging in at the
relevant account with pidgin 2.10.10 in "force ssl" mode. I hope I
didn't waste your time, due to some kind of misunderstanding something.

Bye,
Janis