Proxy protection NOT used,I can bypass X-Frame-Options

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Jun 16 12:35:29 EDT 2015

Hi there. Thanks for sharing with us. If I understand correctly, I
think this is probably something that we don't wish to act on.

No matter what checks we put in place it will ALWAYS be possible for a
malicious person to proxy traffic to and from our site. We could
certainly add rudimentary checking that prevents some proxies from
working, but a dedicated person could always craft requests that
exactly mimic a client web browser.

Also there are legitimate uses for proxying that users benefit from.
In my mind the small potential benefit of reduced user harm does not
justify the downsides of blocking proxy traffic.

Thanks,
Mark Doliner