pidgin 2.11.0 DLL Hijacking Vulnerability

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:23:55 EDT 2016

Hi Himanshu,

I'm not disputing that the Pidgin installer exhibits the behavior that you
mention (I haven't had a chance to validate it yet, but I bet you're right).

My point is that the underlying cause is the behavior of the NSIS installer
framework (http://nsis.sourceforge.net), so it's a good idea to report this
issue to that project because it likely impacts other installers which were
built using the same framework.

-D